Filter by Category
Making a Difference
Fall 2022 Certified Nursing Assistant PLUS - Interest List
Ellsworth Adult Education offers a CNA course that meets Maine State requirements of 70 classroom, 20 lab, and 40 clinical hours. Upon successful completion of the course you sit for the State Registry Exam and if successful you’ll become a Maine State Certified CNA. While other area programs are holding CNA programs this Spring we are planning a Fall 2022 program that will include the option of earning additional certificates in job readiness and digital literacy. We will have more information about this program on our website by early Spring. If you’re interested in learning more about CNA or other healthcare training opportunities, call us at 207.664.7110 and make a phone, zoom or in-person appointment.
Get Ready to ZOOM!
with Vanessa Richards
Get Ready to ZOOM! We are here to support you!
Many of our offerings are now online. To make the most of your Ellsworth Adult Ed courses, please register for this training so you are ready to join ZOOM with confidence, allowing your class or workshop to run smoothly for all involved.
Online courses are generally shorter than in-person sessions, so we strive to do everything we can to ensure that the course starts on time by addressing technical issues in advance. Our support is individualized and involves a telephone or email survey, resources (guides and videos), and in-person or online practice sessions. Before your online courses begin, you will need a device with a camera and microphone (internal or external), and access to ZOOM on your device. During this class, you will:
- learn how to join a ZOOM meeting;
- learn how to navigate the buttons on the ZOOM screen;
- learn how to use communication tools like chat, hand raising and more; and,
- gain an awareness of etiquette to make the most of the experience for you and for others.
This workshop will prepare you! We will be there to support you so you can make the most of your Ellsworth Adult Education workshop, as well as connect with family, friends, religious services and meetings. Please reach out to us!
This is a live online or in-person training; ongoing enrollment.
If you're interested in learning more about this offering, register here and we will call you to schedule a phone or in-person meeting with one of our advisors.
Navigating Healthcare Career & Training Options
with Annie Sargent
Ellsworth Adult Education, other adult education programs in the region and other partners provide several options for training to prepare for jobs in healthcare. Ongoing enrollment.
If you’re interested in learning more about opportunities and would like assistance with career advising, please call us at 207.664.7110 to schedule a telephone, in-person or online appointment.
Refugees in Maine
with Annie Sargent
Ellsworth Public Library's Spring Big Read book is “The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir” by Thi Bui. Bui is from a refugee family and Ellsworth Adult Education has organized a panel discussion led by Annie Sargent about refugees in Maine. Learn about who they are, what issues they face and how they contribute to our communities.
Teaching for Ellsworth Adult Education
with Annie Sargent
We are looking for teachers to share their expertise, knowledge and experience either online or in person with the community. We look forward to the time that most of our courses are in person again, but until then we’d like to promote the teaching and learning from the convenience of our own homes.
We provide technical support for ZOOM classes including:
- Tips for teaching on ZOOM
- ZOOM platform to use while teaching
- ZOOM training for participants
- Technical assistance and support during online classes
- Distribution of materials to learners
- Communication with learners about sessions
- A free class provided (not hosted) by Ellsworth Adult Education
For in-person classes, we provide:
- appropriate spaces for your session at Ellsworth Adult Education, one of our school facilities or in at a facility of one of our many community partners
- support to use technology such as video, video conferencing, projecting powerpoints and more
- Reproduction of materials for class sessions
- Communication with learners, and
- a free class provided (not hosted) by Ellsworth Adult Education
Register for this session and we'll reach out to you, or call 207.664.7110 to schedule an appointment with Annie Sargent, Director, to explore the possibilities. We’d love to have you join us! This offering is available in-person, or live online using ZOOM.